Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Opportunities Abound!

Exciting news today!  

Debbie Diller is coming to Winnipeg to talk about setting up Math Workstations in your classroom!  It all relates to the information in her book by the same title.  Using work stations in math that operate similar to the Daily 5 has been on my wishlist of things to do for a while, but I could never find a good resource for how to achieve them.  Given the reviews from other teachers, I think this may be the answer I've been looking for.  I purchased the e-book version of her book so that I can go to the session in August fully armed!  


BUT!  That's not all!  The school I am working at has been using the ideas from the Reading Power books as a school wide literacy initiative.  The lessons work great and the kids really respond to the methods, but the original program centres on Fiction books.  So, imagine how excited I was to discover that Adrienne Gear (the author) is also coming to Winnipeg to do a Session on NONFICTION Reading Power!

My summer reading list is piling up and it's only May! 

No comments:

Post a Comment